As you may or may not be aware, ANZAC Day is the day when Australians and New Zealanders around the world remember all those who have given their lives in war and honours those that have served. The distinctive element of the ANZAC Day ceremonies is the Dawn Service, which symbolically links commemorations with the dawn landing by the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) at the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey on 25 April 1915.
Anzac Dawn Ceremony 2022 – on Monday 25th April 22 - Grangegorman Military Cemetary, 7 Blackhorse Ave, Cabra West, Dublin 7 at 6:30am
- Photos of the event by professional photographer - https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums
- Video of event by Irish Military Heritage foundation - 1. Short version - Annual ANZAC Dawn Ceremony 2022 - Ireland - (Short Version) - YouTube 2. Long Version - Annual ANZAC Dawn Ceremony 2022 - Ireland - (Full Ceremony) - YouTube
ANZAC Dawn Ceremony – Kilkenny
- The Kilkenny Observor - https://kilkennyobserver.ie/dawn-meeting-at-peace-park-to-remember-the-dead/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=dawn-meeting-at-peace-park-to-remember-the-dead
ANZAC memorial – Martin O’Meara
- Op-ed piece on Martin O’Meara which ran in the Irish Times last ANZAC Day 2021 - https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/anzac-day-not-a-celebration-but-commemoration-1.4545894
- On the week prior to Anzac Day, Ambassador Gray travelled to Lorha and laid a Wreath at the Martin O’Meara VC memorial and spoke some poignant words along with other committee members.
ANZAC day – ROCK FM show
- Ambassador Gray continued the tradition of hosting an Australian Music show special ANZAC day show on the Thursday of ANZAC week, full playlist here https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1aVXoOGqrYPuWIV0mI2Hjd?si=2d4988c3c66647b2
Ambassador Partner Pippa ANZAC biscuits
- Ambassador Gray’s partner Pippa McIntosh kept up her tradition of distributing ANZAC biscuits to close personal friends, Neighbours, businesses and friends of the Australian Embassy which always go down especially well